Content marketing, after competitive price monitoring and retail price optimization, is the third most important strategy for driving traffic to B2C forums. Additionally,it impacts the email marketing and social marketing strategy of e-commerce brands.Unfortunately, it receives less attention. Retailers mainly focus on price optimization, forgetting that they won’t receive traffic on their site unless they rank on the first page of the search engines for particular keywords.
Sometimes, less than scrupulous vendors scrape content from a high ranking site, tweak a line or two and repost the content on their websites and blogs. They do not realize that it affects their brand value in two ways.
- Plagiarized or loosely re-written content confuses the search engines and affects the website’s SEO, which ultimately affects your search rankings.
- It dilutes your marketing ideals because your customers can easily find the similarities between original and plagiarized content.
Therefore, retailers need to switch from senseless scraping and focus on making their online store rank on the top search positions with a sensible content marketing strategy.
Automated web scraping tools aggregate information from blogs, websites, social networks, comparison sites, Google Sheets and major e-commerce players like Amazon to retrieve information for the company database. The information collected contains keywords, customer reviews, shopper interests,tweets, likes, video scripts, product description, marketing caption and user information.
How can we use Data Scraping for Content Marketing
- Data scrapers help retailers map content with the interest of their target audience by accessing reviews from Walmart, eBay, Amazon, etc. or extracting product discussions from forums and trending topics from Facebook and Twitter.
- Customized scrapers sort, compare and use data targeting specific business goals.
- Incorporating the data analytics results in presentations and infographics, and displaying itonline enhances a brand’s visibility and market credibility.
- Data analysis helps retailers distribute relevant information on social media, owned media, shared media and paid media.
In a nut shell, data scraping creates both opportunities and challenges for a retailer or enterprise, butthey can leverage web scraping tools to improve the efficacy of content distribution and generation. The end result would be a high monthly turnover and better conversions.