In the highly competitive market, it is essential to know what competitors are charging for similar services and products. When a business understands competitor’s pricing strategies, it becomes easy to make informed decisions regarding pricing and staying competitive in the market.
Customers these days compare the prices of specific products/ services on various portals before making a buying decision. Browsing websites, comparing prices, and checking reviews is easier than ever. This means that businesses must ensure their prices are competitive. But for deciding their own pricing strategy, they need competitor data. For collecting this competitive intelligence data, businesses are moving towards web scraping and price scraping along with price monitoring.
However, it can be challenging to collect the competitor prices manually as it takes significant time and effort. It is here that data scraping comes into the picture. Competitor price scraping with the right tools helps a business collect prices along with automating the process. Thus, data collection becomes smooth, accurate, and quick with price scraping.
What is Competitor Price Scraping?
Web scraping is the process of collecting data automatically from websites. The process of competitor price scraping consists of extracting the data from HTML pages, organizing it, and storing it in a structured format like a database or spreadsheet.
Web data scraping can be performed manually but it can simplified with automation software tools. Automation tools use algorithms for extracting specific data from the web such as customer reviews, product information, and competitor pricing.
The competitor price scraping python focuses on gathering competitor prices from online platforms. Just like data scraping, prices can be scraped using the pricing platforms. Companies prefer an automated tool for collecting the prices as it reduces the time. Businesses such as travel, retail, and e-commerce use price scraping to adjust their prices and attract new customers.
Automation is the need of the hour as the huge amount of data available on the web makes it inevitable. Prices change every second, especially in sectors such as travel, finance, and e-commerce. The e-commerce prices are highly volatile as the retailers quickly alter the prices. The prices are raised during the peak hours as the sales and online traffic are higher. During the rest of the time, the prices are reduced to normal. These pricing techniques and strategies make the real-time data necessary. Checking the prices once a day is not sufficient.
The aim of pricing strategies is to determine a price which covers the cost of production. Thus, competitor price monitoring plays a crucial role. The large amount of data available on the web can be overwhelming. Hence, companies are taking resort to price scraping quite often with in-house teams or outsourcing.
Why Competitor Price Scraping is Important?
There are many reasons that make price scraping one of the best practices for business. Most of the websites have APIs but sometimes these can be limits as the website owners choose the information to be extracted via them. It is up to the business to decide what data needs to be extracted, till the time it’s publicly available.
Price scraping tools make it possible to scrape data with a user-friendly interface and simple input options. Price scraping Python might have its own challenges but they can be simplified with the right tools. It is worth investing in tools like the ones offered by WebDataGuru, as they help a business with real-time competitive intelligence along with brand monitoring to devise a pricing strategy feasible for their business.
1. Customer Behavior Analysis
With competitor price scraping businesses can understand the customer’s buying behavior and the price they are willing to pay for specific products at certain times. It helps business optimize their pricing strategy based on the current market needs.
2. Competitor Analysis
Price scraping helps a business analyze the competitor’s pricing techniques and adjust their prices accordingly. Businesses can understand if their competitors are using static pricing techniques for some products while dynamic pricing for others.
How to get Competitor Pricing with Data Scraping?
A business can scrape data from the websites manually. However, as mentioned above, owing to the massive data and fast-paced business executions, it is better to scrape data with automated tools. You can find brilliant ready-made software and tools for data extraction from the web.
Here’s how a business can perform web scraping in general:
1. The first step is to identify the website that you wish to scrape. Check the data that you desire to collect. You can categorize the competitors that you wish to scrape into primary, secondary, and tertiary. Focus on your direct competitors for making immediate pricing decisions.
2. With the help of a scraping tool, extract the data from the websites. Apart from pricing, it is important to scrape other data such as customer reviews, product descriptions, and shipping costs. For conducting a comprehensive analysis, gather data on price index, product availability, and competitor’s offers.
3. The third step is to choose a data scraping tool. Data scraping tool extracts different types of data which is not confined to pricing only. Based on your specific needs and budget, you can choose the scraping tool.
4. Create a data scraping script based on the particular information you require. Once the data scraping tool has been selected, it is time to create a scraping script. It consists of the website URLs you wish to scrape, the data you want to collect, and the rules that need to be applied during the scraping process.
5. Store the data in a structured format for ease of analysis. Once the scraping and storage of data have been done, it is time to use the right tools for analyzing the data and identifying the trends in competitor pricing strategies.
Finally, the collected data can be used for making informed and accurate pricing decisions based on the real-time data. You can set prices to stay competitive and profitable with competitor price scraping.
Drive Business and Profitability in The Upward Direction
WebDataGuru can help you reach peaks of your business and make way to become a market leader. But that can be done only if you make informed decisions. Understand competitor price scraping and then move ahead with the solutions.
Get in touch with us or book a free demo today!